We would like to inform you about the coronavirus COVID-19, in relation to your trip to Tanzania.
I have booked a trip with departure until July, 2020. Can I still go?
At the moment, traveling to Tanzania is not possible and this still does not seem to change in the short term. We offer travelers who have canceled their trip the option to rebook directly to another departure date or issue a Corona voucher. More information about the “corona voucher” can be found below on this page.
I have booked a trip with a departure after July, 2020. Can I still go?
That depends on the current situation at that time. Based on the information we have now, your journey will continue as of June 30. We will monitor developments closely and will take additional measures if necessary. As soon as the coronavirus has consequences for your trip, we will inform you about this.
How does the Corona voucher work?
The Corona voucher allows you to book a trip with Explore Tanzania within one year of the date of issue of the voucher. The new departure date may therefore also be after the validity of the voucher, as long as the booking has been made within one year after issue. The value of the voucher is equal to the paid travel sum. Will the total cost of the new holiday be higher in price? Then you pay the difference. The voucher is personal, cannot be transferred and is covered by the SGR guarantee fund, according to the ANVR.
What happens if I want to cancel my trip?
If you still want to cancel your trip with a departure date after July, 2020, the cancellation costs are for your own account. In this case, please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
See also our travel conditions and the ANVR frequently asked questions and answers about corona, as well as the Travel advice from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Back to Tanzania ourself
We are in constant contact with our people and agents in Tanzania and Zanzibar. As far as we can tell, there are few contamination cases in Tanzania and not at all in Zanzibar. Accommodations are gradually reopening and the first tourists are already traveling through the country. The fact that the average age of the Tanzanian population is very young and that they live healthy (without any prosperity diseases) certainly contributes to this. Each accommodation has its own corona coordinator, who ensures that the regulations for preventing corona propagation are properly complied with; they keep their distance, use face masks and clean frequently. On July 22, we will take a pulse and we will report extensively.
At the moment we are already booking new trips to Tanzania, in a comfortable and safe way. Of course, we apply flexible conditions with regard to the terms of deposit and balance payment, you can rebook free of charge if there is yet another negative travel advice due to corona and we will arrange your repatriation if you are in Tanzania at that time.
The new travel to Tanzania, how do you do it safely and responsibly?
In the Netherlands (and on the airplane) we follow the applicable measures of RIVM and the Dutch government and the (inter) national rules and Covid-19 measures that apply to your total journey – transport, accommodation and activities – once at your destination (and ) in Tanzania.
Explore Tanzania is in constant contact with its colleagues and partners in Tanzania about the situation and developments there and keeps a close eye on the travel advice of the Dutch government. And acts accordingly, as do the advice from the Tanzanian government.
The most important advice that applies to you when you can travel again are:
- Keep 1.5 meters away (between households). If a 1.5 m distance is not possible during international transport, wear a face mask.
- Social distancing also applies to the airline crew and safari guides.
- Wash your hands more often.
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow.
- Use tissue paper.
- Don’t shake hands.
- Stay at home if you have any of the following: colds, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, elevation (up to 38 ° C) and / or shortness of breath.
- Always follow the specific measures and directions from our colleagues in Tanzania.
- Pay where necessary with pin or contactless (pin or mobile).
- You make safaris with your own private party, as do the dinners and your stay in the accommodations.
Because we really want you to travel safely and responsibly. Protecting your health and our colleagues in Tanzania remains our number one priority.
KLM and Corona
In order to keep the risks of contamination extremely low, the following measures apply to all KLM aircraft from May 11:
- Everyone on the plane wears face masks covering both the nose and mouth.
- The traveler takes care of his own face covering.
- KLM aircrafts are cleaned more often and more thoroughly.
- There is a minimum number of contact moments between crew and passengers.
- Passengers from ‘risk areas’ are asked to complete a health declaration.
- All KLM aircrafts are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air filters (HEPA filters).
- HEPA filters catch 99.99 percent of all viruses and bacteria, including corona viruses.
- The rapid airflow inside the cabin flows downwards from top to bottom and all air is replaced every three minutes.
Visiting Explore Tanzania
Explore Tanzania has an office in a business center building, with clear measures regarding hygiene and protection through social distancing. You can of course visit us, but we are happy to do so by appointment.
We sincerely hope that you and your family stay healthy in this bizarre time, follow the recommendations on this and (eventually) make your dream trip.