The second highest mountain in Tanzania (4.566m) is located in the Arusha National Park and offers a wonderful trip to the top. The route leads from grassland and lush forest to picturesque open spaces and along the exciting crater rim.
Don’t underestimate Mount Meru: its steep slope, steep abysses on the last climb and the altitude make the climb quite challenging. Because Mount Meru is part of Arusha National Park, you are joined by a park ranger.
You walk Mount Meru in 4 days.
Meru is a stunning mountain to climb.
The flora and fauna on Mount Meru is highly varied and the route to Miriakamba Hut is a true walking safari. There is a great chance you see buffalo, wild boar, monkeys (including the rare, beautiful Colobus monkey), giraffes, elephants and many bird species.
While climbing to the summit of Mount Meru, you enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding plains and Kilimanjaro in the distance.
- You can ascend Mount Mera privately on any desired date.
Price indication 4-day Meru route
- € 1235 p.p. with 2 people
- € 970 p.p. with 4 people
- Transfers from/to start and end point Meru;
- Meru climb including full team of guides, assistant guides, carriers and chefs;
- All meals and water during the climb;
- Arusha Nationaal Park entrance fee;
- Mountain rescue fees;
- All government taxes.
- International flight;
- Visa Tanzania;
- Travel and cancellation insurance;
- Meals not priorly mentioned;
- Rent sleeping bag, mattress and / or walking sticks.
Will you climb Mount Meru?
Contact us directly for more information!