This is the best 6-day route on Kilimanjaro. The Rongai route on Kilimanjaro starts near the Kenyan border and runs over the north side of the mountain; a popular route and great for the fit climber.
The climb – gradually and steadily – it’s less crowded and there is greater chance that you see animals along the way. Als, there is plenty of variety in the landscape.
The Rongai route is also called the Nalemuru route. You can walk this route in 6 days. It starts at the village of Loitokitok on the northeast side of Kilimanjaro.
During the hike, you walk at the foot of the impressive Mawenzi Peak. You climb the summit via Gilman’s point. You descend via the busier Marangu (coca cola) route.
Data Rongai route
- Private ascent: daily departure
- We regularly organize a (international) group that you can join. Here you will find the dates and availability in 2022 and 2023.
Price indication 6-day Rongai route
- € 2430 per person based on 2 people
- € 2275 per person based on 6 people
- Supplementary single room/tent: € 300 per person
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro airport;
- 3 nights in a comfortabel hotel (1x logies & breakfast and 2x half board), 2 nights prior to the climb and 1 night after the climb;
- Transfers to/from start and end point Kilimanjaro;
- Kilimanjaro climb (in private or a group) including full team of guides, assistant guides, carriers and chefs;
- All meals and water during the climb;
- Kilimanjaro Nationaal Park entrance fee; Kilimanjaro camping fee;
- Mountain rescue fees;
- Alle government taxes.
- VAT of 18% (introduced on 1 July 2016).
- International flight;
- Visa Tanzania;
- Travel and cancellation insurance;
- Meals not priorly mentioned;
- Rent sleeping bag, mattress and / or walking sticks.
Will you climb the Rongai route?
Contact us directly for more information!