The route starts on the quiet west side of Kilimanjaro.
You start at Londorossi Gate and drive by jeep through the beautiful rainforest to Shira Barrier. Here, at an altitude of 3300 meters, you start the hike.
You can walk the Shira route in 8 days.
You walk across the pristine Shira Plateau and below the snowy summit of Kibo. From Barafu Camp you walk via Stella Point to the top (Uhuru Peak). This 8-day route has a high success rate because of the good opportunities for acclimatization.
Dates Shira route
- Small international group: We regularly organize a group that you can join. Here you will find the dates and availability in 2020 - 2021.
- Private ascent: daily departure
Price indication 8-day Shira route
- € 2928 p.p.
- Surcharge single room/tent: € 308 p.p.
Private group trip:
- € 3286 p.p. with 2 people
- € 2781 p.p. with 4 people
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro airport;
- 3 nights in a comfortabel hotel (1x logies & breakfast and 2x half board), 2 nights prior to the climb and 1 night after the climb;
- Transfers to/from start and end point Kilimanjaro;
- Kilimanjaro climb (in private or a group) including full team of guides, assistant guides, carriers and chefs;
- All meals and water during the climb;
- Kilimanjaro Nationaal Park entrance fee;
- Kilimanjaro camping fee;
- Mountain rescue fees;
- Alle government taxes.
- VAT of 18% (introduced on 1 July 2016).
- International flight;
- Visa Tanzania;
- Travel and cancellation insurance;
- Meals not priorly mentioned;
- Rent sleeping bag, mattress and / or walking sticks.
Will you climb the Shira route?
Contact us directly for more information!